Stampin' Addicts MDS2 Blog Hop

11.02.2012

Hi Everyone! A few of us at Stampin' Addicts would like to share some of the new features included in My Digital Studio 2, so we've put together a tiny little blog hop. There are 40+ new features, so this is by no means a complete list of enhancements. But maybe we'll give you an idea or two of the great things you can do.

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite features, Mirror Text. My son Alan has wanted to design his own t-shirts for a while. With this tool, he was able to add text and a free image found on-line to create his design, which we were then able to print onto a plain t-shirt. In order for the text to look right on the shirt, we have to flip it to print it correctly on an Iron-On Transfer.

First let me show you what your computer screen will look like as you work in My Digital Studio:


We'll be using options found on the right side of the screen - the Design Center. Under the Text tab, add a text box then type in your text.  By highlighting the text you can easily adjust your font, size, alignment, etc. Look at the bottom two squares; the one on the left is the one we're looking for - Mirror.


Click on your text box (where you entered the text),
then click the MIRROR button and you get this:

Even though the toast won't look much different, it's good to know you can also mirror and adjust any images you import. Under the Photos tab, add your photo. Within the same Photos tab, click on Photo Effects and you will get the following dialog box with 12 different options. Notice the preview pane on the right allows you to see exactly what you'll get.


Last, we printed our design onto Avery Fabric Transfers and ironed the design onto a t-shirt following the directions on the packaging. I also ironed a smaller version onto a white cloth for him to use to dry his hands when he practices guitar. I imagine this will be a fun and easy way to personalize towels for the home, cloth gift bags and other seasonal gifts. Of course, you can also use the mirror option to create fun background pages and adjust elements for your paper projects, too!


To see some great projects and see what else is new with My Digital Studio, be sure to visit the following sites:


1) Yapha -- Design in Spreads
2) Paula -- Custom Sizes
3) Heidi-- Project Size Conversion with Importing Templates of Other Sizes
4) Tanya  -- Calendar Effects


7 comments:

  1. What a great project!! I love how you showed the step by step -- you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! The options are never ending with MDS and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project! I love this option!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the t-shirt, and now I think I need to go find that Iron-on packet I bought, um, I won't say how long ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great t-shirt!!! You make it look SO simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project Adriana! Love the idea of personalized stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOO FUN! I love the t-shirt transfer idea.. Pi day is coming in March and I need a new T-shirt idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground