Stampin' Up! Champagne Holiday Ornaments

So, have you ever seen something in a catalog and thought, "Well, that looks good. Maybe I'll get it... later."? Well, that's what I said when I saw our Champagne Glimmer Paper in the Holiday Catalog (2012).  Then Dyanne, our club hostess last month, ordered it. When it arrived I was really tempted to hide it and tell her there was a mistake in the shipping department. heehee. But my mom raised me right (bummer) so I ordered some instead and shared it at this month's club meeting.



Project Notes:
  • Base layer is Cherry Cobbler card stock.
  • Dry embossed layer uses Core'dinations card stock. (Also introduced in the Holiday Catalog.)  This 80 lb. card stock has a monochromatic colored core. When you dry emboss, a light sanding reveals your design.  We used Early Espresso; however, this card stock is also available in Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green.
  • The ornament and oval design were die cut using our Christmas Ornaments Framelits. The glimmer paper is easily cut using punches as well; the small circle in the center was punched out using the circle in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
  • The bow was created using our retired satin ribbon. And our hostess' hubby treated us all to a bow maker - what a great tool to have! Thank you Nancy and Skip!
Inspired by: all things sparkly

Product Supply details:
Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Champagne Glimmer Paper (127885),  Silver Glimmer Paper (124005), Core'dinations (127848), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)

Links: Shop Stampin' Up! from the comfort of home. 24/7
Have future posts sent directly to you. Subscribe via Feed

Comments

  1. What a stunning card! I love the look of that glimmer paper with the sanded cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even opened my package yet (waiting for my kids to go back to school so I can get into my stamp room again). Love what you did with it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and sparkly! I'm still on the fence with this color of glimmer paper, but you're moving toward the buying side...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!