US163 Stampin' Up! Countryside meets Argyle

I love it when I can create something masculine. To me, these are often the most difficult to design.

However, using this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches, I was able to create a Father's Day card for my dad. He loves vintage cars, so I used a great stamp from our Countryside stamp set. This truck makes me think of my childhood in Georgia and Sunday drives where we would see fruit and veggie stands on the side of the road. Fresh peaches, anyone?


The spark-plug looking charm hanging on the left is actually a jewelry charm. I thought it looked interesting and, coincidentally, it fills this week's extra challenge to use a transparent item along with the sketch. Just for fun, I stamped a Father's Day sentiment onto Very Vanilla card stock and trimmed out the "FATHER" part, adhering it to the charm using Tombow adhesive. The charm itself has a split ring which I ran through a hole in the card stock along with a punched circle of Always Artichoke card stock. Not too shabby, eh?

Want more ideas? Visit the Unscripted Sketches website for the sketch and many additional samples. The artists there used Vellum in different ways - even a gorgeous flower. Enjoy!

Product Supply details:
Stamps: Countryside, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke

Tools: 3/4" circle punch, Big Shot, Argyle embossing folder
Embellishments: Brads (Metallics), Linen Thread, jewelry charm
 
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. What a wonderful Fathers day card. Your dad will love it. The spark plug is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Adriana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this card! Michele is right - the spark plug is the perfect touch! And so is the argyle, and the color pallete, and the truck, and the...everything!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!