Unscripted Sketches 155 Earth Day

Hi all! In celebration of Earth Day, today's challenge at Unscripted Sketches is to use the following sketch along with something recycled. I was surprised at what I was able to find to add to my card. Take a look around and you might be surprised by your stash, too! First, here's the sketch:

My hubby and I order coffee from Caribou every once in a while and we just received a shipment last week. As soon as I saw the box I knew I had to use part of it on a card. This one goes to my friend Jenny, who always appreciates silly!

She also sings, so I couldn't leave the "sing out loud" part on the box! But the silly part won me over so for an embellishment I used another recycled item - a key chain in the shape of a toilet lid that says "tops for bottoms"! My father and brothers are Master Plumbers and my dad had his own business for ages; this is a key chain one of the suppliers gave him years ago. Not only does it add a pop of color, but it is definitely silly :)

Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget to stop by the Unscripted Sketches site for more inspiration!

In case you were wondering, my brother Jorge owns a plumbing business now. So if you are in the Atlanta area and need a plumber, look up About Plumbing! :) 

 Visit my Stampin' Up! Store 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. Very clever and I love Caribou :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely silly fun going on here!
    Love your blog design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the little fun things you put in this card, esp. the toilet seat tag! Happy Earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! What a fun challenge, too. I love the toilet lid keychain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, whimsical card! I love the toilet seat! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally love the saying on that tag.
    Great card. Love me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely had to chuckle when I saw this card! Love the toilet seat!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!