On the Grow and A Kind Word revisited

Well, we are nearing the end of another catalog year and lamenting over the sets that will retire. Or not. A few of us are anxiously anticipating all the new goodies in the next Catalog! teehee

I am truly excited; but, I  do try to slow myself down a little and remember that I have plenty of stamps already, including some that retired previously. So why not bring them out and get them inky?

First, here is a card using On The Grow, a stamp set from the 2011 Summer Catalog. I also used some retired gingham ribbon on this one. Maybe I should have saved this post for a "Use It Tuesday" post? lol
On the Grow
In case you are wondering, NO - I did not lug out the sewing machine. I used our Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to poke holes and then ran cross-stitch thread through the holes (with a needle). For future reference, you will know I have used a sewing machine when you see completely crooked lines...

Next, I found this really cute DSP (patterned paper) in a folder. Isn't it sweet? I just knew it would look right with this little girl from A Kind Word. Love this set.
A Kind Word
This card also uses retired felt flowers and a small crochet flower made by my friend Adela. Cross-stitch thread, crochet flowers... it is amazing how other crafts flow right into making cards, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by!

Visit my Stampin' Up! Store 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. These cards are so pretty, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I love the stitching on the first one. Such a smart way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All crafting leads to card making. :) Love these cards. I pulled out some DSP from that pack this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!