Play Date Cafe Color Challenge

I found myself about to whine to myself about how lousy I feel (trying to kick a cold) and decided I should concentrate on something else :)

The Play Date Cafe has a fun color challenge up. Here's the link if you want to give it a try. The challenge is to use these colors:


I interpreted them as our colors Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango (though Poppy Parade might work) and Night of Navy. You can add neutrals so I added Whisper White and made this:

Click photo to view a larger image.

The body of the butterfly was made using craft wire. (Anyone besides me have a stash of these tucked away in a drawer?) I wrapped the wire around the needle end of a Paper Piercing tool. Once it was the correct length, I clipped the wire and bent it to resemble an antennae. I added a second antennae by bending a second scrap piece of wire; it is held in place by the glue dot holding the body in place.

Stamps: Raining Flowers, Friendly Phrases
Other: Circle punch, (Navy) Denim Ribbon, Jewels Basic Rhinestone, Dazzling Details
Non-SU!: embossing folder (Cuttlebug), craft wire, wire cuttter
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. Adriana, this is a charming take on this week's color story. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I especially like the dry embossed background and the glittery butterfly wings. Thank so much for joining us this week in the Cafe - so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card and love the embosssed background. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!