DivaSC178 Easter Dove

IB&C page 17

Happy Saturday! It's time for our weekly sketch challenge with the Utah Divas. This month I was allowed to provide the sketches and I based them on cards shared in our Idea Book & Catalog. So along with the sketch I will also provide the page number for you to see the card that inspired our challenge. But don't forget: the easiest way to see more ideas is to visit the Utah Divas blog where you can see the samples provided by the sketch team.

Our Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper set the tone for my card this week. The edges of this paper look like they are sponged with Soft Suede ink, so I repeated the look by sponging my layers just a bit. I love how it tones down the otherwise bright colors.

A few project notes:
  • Soft Suede marker helps me to connect pierced dots along the top and bottom of the dsp layer for some zig-zag faux stitching.
  • To help the dove stand out a bit, I stamped this image first onto Very Vanilla and then again onto Whisper White. I cut out the white dove and adhered it in place over the Vanilla layer.
  • Free-hand paper piercing adds a little more detail to the center strip drawing the eye towards the message. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Easter Dove
Colors: Lucky Limeade, Peach Parfait, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Other: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Decorative Label punch, XL Oval punch
 Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. Love the faux stitching! I really like how you layered the patterns and colours too, such a nice collour combo together. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!