Stampin' Up! Four Frames

Four Frames (wood or clear-mount)
If you are like me, when you choose a stamp set you like to have at least a couple of different ways to use it. Take for example, our Four Frames stamp set (shown here, left).


Well, I have used this stamp set over an over as intended (frames). They are beautiful that way and I love that this set coordinates with our Decorative Label punch, making it easy to use and cut out the image. But you can also use this stamp set to create a decorative background. On the following card, I stamped the same image repeatedly using coordinating colors of ink.


Here's a little cheat for you:
I had a hard time stamping the sentiment the way I wanted it to look. Sometimes it was too slanted, perfectly straight looked "off" somehow, too. After trying about 7 labels or so, I finally got the bright idea to stamp the word separately and just punch it out using a 3/4" circle punch. Then I could fiddle with it and just adhere it the way I wanted it. Without having to redo the label umpteen times. *Insert a (Homer Simpson "DOH!") or a (V8 smack in the head) here*

Stamps: Four Frames, Fabulous Phrases
Colors: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Other: Decorative Label punch, Buttons (Brights), Butterfly Embosslit, Big Shot, Jewels Basic Rhinestones
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7

Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. Lovely card!! It never would have occurred to me to create a background with that stamp! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at your "Aha" moment! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just beautiful. I never would have thought to use it like that but it works so well! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annnd another awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Love the frame in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still giggling at your "aha moment". Been there myself so many times... Love the card and the idea to use the frame as a background. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to stamp a background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and that stamp in the background - I might have to case this for an upcoming class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!