DivaSC171 PS I Love You Hearts

Tammy has provided the Utah Divas with another great sketch to try. Will you play along?

The line going through the hearts reminded me of stitching, but I was too lazy to get the sewing machine out so I improvised with a Paper Piercing tool and pens!

Notes:
  • After piercing holes around the perimeter of the Baja Breeze layer, I used a Signo White Gel Pen to connect the dots. Faux stitching is so much easier to keep straight than the real thing ;)
  • All of the hearts were punched out using our Heart to Heart punch. The top 3 were punched out from a scrap of Marina Mist card stock in my scrap bin. It had previously been run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka dots folder; it didn't work for that project, but I like the texture it adds to this one!
  • The 2 Baja Breeze hearts on the bottom are faux stitched onto the Whisper White layer. This time, I used a Marina Mist Stampin' Write Marker as the "thread".
  • Sharon Field has a great tutorial on how to make mulit-loop bows. -->see Sharon's ribbon tutorial here.
But first, don't forget to check out what the Utah Divas sketch team has created. For pics of the projects and links to their individual sites for details, visit the UDI blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!

Supply Details: 
Pearls now available in larger size!
Stamps: PS I Love You
Ink: Marina Mist Stampin' Write Marker, Signo White Gel Pen
Paper: Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Heart to Heart punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Embellishments: Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Jewels Basic Pearls
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed


Comments

  1. I love what you did with the sketch!! The faux stitching is perfect!! I especially like your color choice--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY pretty! The pearl embellishments are a classy touch, I will remember them on my next project. Thanks 4 sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this card...it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Your "twist" on the layout adds so much interest, as does the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adriana! I love how you did the stitching! and putting the other hearts on the top of it is genius!! Just great and I'm sure my customers will love making it too LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, may have to CASE with credit of course! I love the offset card stock, the monochromatic colors and the faux stitching.. brilliant! Thanks for the link to my tutorial too!
    Hugs, see you at Leadership!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I love your faux stitching and your titled layers! (I'm so impressed that you have a sewing machine and know how to use it (even if you didn't on this card)! I need to come for a visit and lessons. LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!