Free Printable Noche Buena

Recently, eighteen25 shared a free printable for fall. I printed it out, inserted it into a frame and propped it up in the kitchen as part of our Thanksgiving Decor. (Inexpensive but good-looking art - yay!) But, alas, we are past Thanksgiving now so it was time to update the frame with a Christmas theme.

Instead of looking for one on the web, I decided to use My Digital Studio to make my own. Even though I was born and raised in the States, my father is Cuban and my mother is from Colombia (South America). Our holidays have always been a mix of cultures so it was fun to personalize my sign and add a couple of tidbits of what Christmas means to me.

A little translation for you :)
  • Noche Buena is celebrated on December 24th and usually involves family and friends, good music, dancing and lots of great food. Timbales (some of you may know them as bongos) and a percussion instrument called a Guiro are always fun to have to play along with the music.  (The link will take you to a youtube video showing how it is played.)
  • Lechon (roasted pig) and Yucca Frita (fried yucca) are 2 of my favorite dishes. I have fond memories of the prep and actual meals involving both of these things. (Ok, great, now I'm hungry...)
  • And the cinnamon rolls? Well, this is the one time of year where I clear the schedule to make batches of home-made rolls. So if you don't see as many posts this month, you know what I'm up to!

If these are some of your memories of Christmas, too -  feel free to click on the image above and download the image for your personal use. To create your own printable using My Digital Studio, click here to visit my SU! store - the downloadable version of MDS is on sale right now. Get it for only $39.95 and receive a free bundle of downloads, too! (Offer valid through Nov. 30, 2011)



Supply Details: My Digital Studrio
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. This is fabulous!! I love how you used the different phrases and fonts to evoke the feeling of the holiday for you! What I could really use, though, is your cinnamon roll recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! Love how you have blended so much meaning into it! And I'm with Yapha on that recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to integrate cultures, translate and share this with your followers! Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to learn about the different cultural traditions. Love it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great project for your frame. Also, if you're making cinnamon rolls, I'm heading down to your house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!