10.08.2011

DivaSC157 Stampin' Up! My Friend

Happy Weekend everyone!
We have a new sketch for you to try at Utah Divas. Elizabeth is our sketch artist this month and has shared another great one. I hope you will give it a try :)

Over the last couple of weeks, I've tried to stretch myself (artistically!) with the sketches. I tend to see a sketch and make it exactly as shown and often choose my favorite stamp images right away. Well, this week I tried to make myself alter the sketch... and stretch some more. If only Pilates were this easy...

So, where is the "stretching" you might ask:
  • The white embossed dewdrop images (from the My Friend stamp set) replace the panel on the right.
  • Die cut images (Scribbles Swirls sizzlit die) take the place of the main rectangle towards the left. I moved it down a layer, under the horizontal strip.
  • Wisteria Wonder as the card base and main layer is a stretch for me. It is such a lovely color - I apparently just have a weird mental block where purple is concerned. I've tackled this one today; next I'll have to see if I can use Garden Green ;)
To see some lovely cards by ladies who do not suffer mental blocks, be sure to visit the Utah Divas blog. You'll find the links there to guide you to the other participating Divas. (And you will also find color, scrapbooking and other challenges for additional fun!)


Thanks for stopping by!


Supply Details: 
Stamps: My Friend
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, VersaMark
Paper: Wisteria Wonder (yay ,me!), Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White
Tools: Heat Tool, White embossing powder, Big Shot, Scribbles Swirls sizzlit
Embellishments: Jewels Basic Rhinestone
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Available in Wood, Clear Mount and Digital

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Adriana! I love what you did with the sketch! Your card is gorgeous! Such attention to detail!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriana!!!! That is beautiful! I love how you put the die in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to conquer your mental block with purple. I'm still struggling with it. Love all the details in the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love how the die cut swirls echo the swirls in the Hello. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous!! Love the colors and the modifications to the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the swirls as a tone-on-tone look! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dewdrops in white! I don't have good luck with white Stazon so I'm always impressed with white stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I love the embossed/die cut layer in contrast with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty! Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!