Touch of Kindness DivaSC135

Hooray! It's the weekend and time for another sketch challenge!
For a complete list of participating Divas and to check out other Diva challenges this week, visit the Utah Divas International blog. If you decide to play along with us, be sure to drop a link in a comment here. I would love to see what you create!

Back in March I was thrilled to attend a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar in Orlando. These events are great because you get to chat with other reps in the company and see tons of new ideas. And occasionally, if you are lucky you'll even win free stamps. Well, I had my good-luck charm with me - my friend and team-mate Martha - and doncha know I won! YAY ME! (If you have kids, I'm channeling London from Suite Life on Deck...) I won this adorable stamp set, Touch of Kindness. Love, love, love this set. So I used it with this sketch :)

Each of the flowers was cut out (by hand) and layered over a Daffodil Delight flower created with our scallop punch. To get the kitty just right, stamp a second set of flowers onto Whisper White and then stamp your elements over the flower.


You can then color the image and cut it out. With the kitty, follow the circular shape of the flower in the chest area. The other images? Well, I had originally thought to do another flower with the bird bath but it just looked too busy on the card. The sentiment was to be a third flower, but for the same reason I ended up just punching out the sentiment instead. The outer part of the flower was cut out using Paper Snips and used to create the center flower (over the sentiment). Here's a closer look at these elements:

So, are you inspired today? Will you play along?

For more ideas, don't forget to visit the UDI blog or you can go straight to Barbara's blog. She's using our new stamp set, Flower Fest. If you've been with Stampin' Up! a while, the design of this set might surprise you - it's a bit reminiscent of some of our earlier stamps. Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies: 
Stamps: Touch of Kindness
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin' Write Markers to color
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Whisper White
Tools: Scallop circle punch, 1.25" circle punch, 1" circle punch
Embellishments: Jewels Basic Rhinestone
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so adorable! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! And, I love that little flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your take on this week's sketch! This is just too cute! And I love the hand drawn lines you did as borders~ they are the perfect way to finish off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that little flower you made! How clever you are! (I also love "YAY, ME!" I don't have kids, but my bff does, and Suite Life is one of my favs.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Thanks for explaining how you made all of the flowers! I love your doodling as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of this set! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, way to think outside the box with that flower! Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, isn't that paper flower cool! Yep, I do see Tanya's fresh style in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I'm rubbing off on you ;) Seriously though, I do love the outlining :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea! Love your little flower that you created! Just perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas, Adriana! Such a cute card. Love this stamp set...still holding out on ordering it, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this doodlie card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your use of black and white in this sketch--awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!