Reinkers - not just for pads

Today in class we will be using an "oldie but goodie" technique for using re-inkers. We will be creating our own multi-colored ink pads! I'll also be sharing a couple of other ideas with them; can't share them here because that wouldn't be fair  Smiley

But I can share our sample card. The main technique was used to ink up this butterfly from our stamp set, Flight of the Butterfly. On a side note: I think I'm going to have to pay Tanya some sort of users fee. Her way of adding an outline to layers really adds a certain little somethin'-somethin' to some cards. I can't stop doing it ;)


If you live in the Melbourne, Florida area and would like information about future classes, be sure to contact me for the details. If you don't live around here but enjoyed this post, you can get free updates by mail or RSS. Either way, Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies: 
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: Early Espresso Classic Pad and Stampin' Write Marker, Reinkers in Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Peach Parfait 
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, XL Pennant Die, 1 3/4" circle punch
 Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Ooh! I love your butterfly. After you have your class, could you leave a hint on how you did it? I always enjoy checking out your work. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that butterfly and the color combination is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is always a great technique with butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly and the colors that you used for them. Thanks for sharing this technique with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yeh, I like this card alot. Great color combo, I'm thinking it's my favorite combo for now anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone - just wanted to point out that the technique is on my "how-to" page. It's linked in this post (look for the red letters in paragraph one) or click on the HOW-TO button in the tab bar up top. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!! I have a convert ;)
    I LOVE this card! ALL of it, and I would not have thought o put these colors together, so thank you for a fab new-to-me color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love your doodling! Those butterflies are PERFECT for the babywipe technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this?!?! Making a note to try this technique soon. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun and really cute card!! Yes adding those lines are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the technique reminder. It always gets such a big wow. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors, great technique, and great card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!