On the Grow and Color Dare 101

Ready for a color challenge? Today, Riley at The Color Dare has challenged us to share projects made using:
11:39 AM  - edited above link, it works now!

This challenge was the perfect excuse to ink up a new stamp set On the Grow. Pinks and greens always work for flowers, right? And why not make the scooter delivering them fun, too?


My original intent was to color in the scooter but then I thought how cute it would be to have a patterned seat. And then, you know how it is - one thing led to another and before I knew it the entire scooter ended up being paper pieced instead of colored. I am not completely convinced anyone would want to be seen on such an original scooter in real life but at least it's fun on paper!

Note: Both sets of flowers were colored using a Regal Rose Stampin' Write Marker.  The poppy looking flowers were colored in with the pen end of the marker and look very vibrant. For the tulips, I pressed a Blender Pen directly to the brush tip of the marker and then used the ink that transferred onto it to color them in. This gave a much softer look, similar to Pretty in Pink.

I also added a little bit of Crystal Effects to the flowers, seat and lights of the scooter to give them a little dimension and shine. Here's a close up of the flowers and the seat to show you how they pop.

To see more ideas using these colors, don't forget to visit the Color Dare site or visit the other Design Team members (links are now in my side bar). If you decide to play along you can share your work by linking to your project either in a comment here or at the main site. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies:
On the Grow (Available in Summer Mini)
Stamps: On The Grow
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin' Write Markers in Regal Rose, Old Olive, Cajun Craze (for the pots)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Regal Rose, Sweet & Sour Specialty Designer Series Paper
Tools: Punch Border Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Modern Label punch
Embellishments: Brads (metallic), Crystal Effects, scraps of 5/8" Satin Ribbon (Old Olive) and Crochet Trim
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)

Comments

  1. I just discovered your blog through stampin connection when I saw your motorcycle card :-)-I am just amazed by your creativity. I am a new stamper/demonstrator and your style is exactly what I inspire to achieve.
    Do you use watercolor paper for your images? Thanks for sharing .
    Kathy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card! I love your use of crystal effects! So creative!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shiny seat made it look like vinyl - it's a Barbie size scooter - really clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card this week Adriana! Love the scooter seat, flowers and what you did with your punches for the sentiment! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adriana! WOW great job on this card. Wasn't going to get this set but now I have to have it. Love the seat on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paper pieced scooter is perfect! I love your colors and layout. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Adriana. Love how you paper pieced the seat of the scooter to match the background. I like your arrangement of label punches down at the bottom too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! I love how you used the crystal effects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy and anyone else who is wondering - this image is stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock. I generally only use watercolor paper if I'm coloring with an Aqua Painter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! I love that shiny, patterned seat! So great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Adriana! Love the paper piecing; especially the bright and shiny seat of the scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the paper pieced and shined up seat!! That is a very clever and eye-catching detail, which I may have to steal for myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tanya - steal way. I know I owe you quite a few, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!! I love it very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I came back to look at this again, and I noticed your amazing layering of the Modern Label punch! That is sooooo clever! I am going to have to try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cute little scooter seat made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic paper piecing! Love the crystal effects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! Great card! I love the crystal effects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!