Greeting Cards for Abuelita

My grandmother (Abuelita in spanish) is one of my most loyal fans :) She is the one who taught me to crochet, first taught me to sew and to this day brags about my beautiful family and anything I create. She glosses over things we're still working on, lol.  I'm pretty sure I also got my love of chocolate from her, but these days she's very careful about how many sweets she eats so my gifts usually revolve around her other favorite things: clothing with a nice feel, perfume and of course, greeting cards!

Yesterday I sent her a batch of some of my latest cards. The following two cards (created based on sketches at Stampin' Addicts) were included in the mix. The first one is one I should make more of considering we have a lot of guys in the family who don't mind hugs and kisses from Abuelita.

And this one is for one of the girls.


 Lastly, here's a closeup of the little flower. It has a little bling hiding in the center :)


Thanks for stopping by and letting me share with you today!


Stampin' Supplies:
Card One:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Whisper White, Nursery Suite Designer Series Paper
Tools: Big Shot, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Headline Alphabet die
Embellishments: Glimmer Brads (Brights)


Swirls & Curls Verses stamp set (Hostess only)
Card Two:
Stamps: Swirls & Curls Verses (Hostess)
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron, Play Date Designer Series Paper
Tools: Big Shot, Scribbles & Swirls Sizzlit, Top Note die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 1.25" circle punch
Embellishments: Basic Jewels Rhinestone

Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Love these ideas... the X's and O's and the 3-D flower out of DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the masculine hugs and kisses!! And that sweet little blinged out flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards! Love the hugs & kisses!! How nice of you to make them for your abuelita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! I'm sure you grandma appreciates you creating cards for her! Love the hugs and kisses! Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! Unique layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a special relationship with my grandmothers and made them many cards. How great you can still do that! I am sure she gushed over them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!