Cute By the Inch DivaSC136

Happy Weekend and welcome to another great sketch & challenge with the Utah Divas!

I'll be sharing one idea with you today using this sketch; to see more either follow the link below or visit the UDI blog for a complete list of participants. (If you are reading this early Saturday morning, please note that some participants post their projects later in the day...)

So it's mid-May already. Can you believe it? Aside from the school year ending and the temperatures heating up, it's also time to start thinking about the end of the Stampin' Up! year. Two things that always get updated with the release of the new catalog? Our Designer Series Paper and our Hostess-only stamps. Today's card uses one of each.

It may have been the noise going on in the background (the boys have summer-itis and well, they're boys...) but the stripes on the base layer were bugging me somehow. Dominating too much attention, maybe? So I added a layer of Very Vanilla; but now that I see this on-screen I wondering if I should have just left it alone. Or sent the boys outside so I could think straight before committing to adhesive. Or maybe it's a just a dark chocolate deficiency? Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

To see more ideas, here's the link to Barbara's blog. She is using a new punch and stamp set from the Summer Mini. Enjoy and Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies:
Cute by the Inch (Hostess only)
Stamps: Cute by the Inch
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers in Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Play Date Designer Series Paper, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool
Embellishments: 5/8" Satin ribbon (Old Olive), Glimmer Brads (Brights)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. I don't know Adriana, I love it! But I don't think chocolate could hurt. :D I really like the way you used the same stamp for each square. I think I would have tried too hard to think of 4 different stamps to put in the squares and ended up making it look overdone. I really like the vanilla layer, too. The brads look great,too, and they remind me of M&M's, so maybe we both need some chocolate! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! I know what you mean about boys--they do tend to be noisy, huh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious that you had dark chocolate on your mind! Why else do we use so much Early Espresso card stock?! :-) I think I would have made the same choice you did, covering up some of the stripes. That way the focus is on the cute inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the glimmer brads. I think the vanilla works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using Cute by the Inch for this!!! I agree with your choice of the vanilla and I love the brads also!!! Mmmmmm...vanilla,chocolate, sounds like a hot fudge sundae....off to Braums LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate!!! Oh, wait. I'm supposed to comment on the card, lol. Great card, and yes the stripes did need toning down, as did you boys I am sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate is the solution for most things but I do really like the Vanilla panel. So just eat chocolate and come back to admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these little 4-square cards--and that perky ribbon is a great touch. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmm....dark chocolate! :) I love your card! It's just perfect..even with distractions. (I'm sure your boys are loud, but I bet you my daughter can put them both to shame! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the vanilla layer-nice to have such a dynamic care once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vanilla layer works for me! Your placement of the glitter brads is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card!!! It is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fill up on the dark chocolate, Adriana! The card is perfect as-is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!