Use It Tuesday - Blue Jeans

My younger son can't seem to wear jeans without ripping a hole in one knee. I don't understand, seriously. But I DO remember my mom saying the same thing about my older brother. So maybe it's genetic?
So, what is a mom to do with holey-jeans? Cut them into shorts and use the remnants for something creative!

So maybe I won't give him a hard time when he does this again. This is kinda cute!

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies:
Autumn Days stamp set
Stamps: Autumn Days, You're a Gem
Ink: Early Espresso, Poppy Parade
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade
 Tools: Big Shot, Little Leaves sizzlit, Jewelry Tag punch
Embellishments: Vintage Lace ribbon, Poppy Parade stitched ribbon, Metallic Brads
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. That is adorable!! What a brilliant use for jean scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute! Great recycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I don't have boys but my girls have been ripping their jeans too! Now to hold on to them and reuse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea!!! I have tons of old jeans laying around and will definitely give this a go!! I will be showcasing this card on My Crafty Picks #17 with a link back to your blog on 5-22-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only started stamping in January so I am fairly new to the blog circuit. I just discovered you from the Paper Punch Addiction blog and I am in love with your style. I just spent the last hour browsing through a bunch of your posts (even downloaded the time management book you suggested (ha!) and subscribed to the money saving mom feed. Thank you thank you thank you. So happy to have found you!
    Michelle Acuna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!