Proud Peacock & Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop!

Whether you are just arriving from Cheryl's blog or starting out here - thanks for stopping by! You'll be happy to know that there are 23 Addicts in this hop and this is only stop #9. Cheryl will be presenting a new set Best Dad Ever but, if you are starting here, don't worry. We are all linked together so that you can easily make your way through all of the sites for sneak peeks, ideas and inspiration. Once you're done, join us at Stampin' Addicts to talk about what you've seen!

It's my pleasure to introduce an upcoming stamp set called Proud Peacock.  This adorable set is featured on page 14 and includes 6 different stamps including a peacock with open plumage. Priced at $15.95 or only $11.95 for clear-mount, it's a great way to use those hostess dollars! Let's get started with some ideas, shall we?

First, here is a bold and bright card to perk us up. The flower images are heat embossed with black embossing powder and colored in with Stampin' Write Markers:

Stamps: Proud Peacock, Tiny Tags
Ink: VersaMark, SWMarkers in Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Signo Gel pen
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Tools: Heat Tool, Black embossing powder, 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" circle punches, Itty Bitty Punch Pack
Embellishments: Itty Bitty Buttons, 5/8" Satin ribbon in Old Olive

Yes - bright. Don't say I didn't warn you! lol
Next, I thought it would be fun to make something a little different. Working with fabric is once again a big thing and there are so many ways to use it. This bookmark was easy to create, even for those of us who are "beginners". (I'll share the how-to next week.) For a fun embellishment, stamp the peacock in Stazon onto shrink plastic and heat to create a personalized button.

Ink: StazOn Black
Fabric: Candy Cane Christmas, 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Heat Tool, hole punch
Also used: Needle, Thread, Iron, Sewing-machine, Innerfuse

Last is a card I created for a Stampin' Addicts swap. (Another reason to join us at SA!) I don't know about you, but when I think about peacocks, I think about their beautiful coloring when they are showing off.  My job here would not be done if I didn't share a colorful bird with ya! So for this image, I inked the stamp in VersaMark then in Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink and rolled just the edges in Pacific Point Classic Ink. Once stamped, I poured on the Clear embossing powder and heat set to get a raised, shiny and colorful image. A little extra color with markers, et voila!

Stamps: Proud Peacock, A Word For You
Ink: VersaMark, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, SWMarkers in same, Concord Crush, Wild Wasabi
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Concord Crush
Tools: 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches, Big Shot, Backgrounds Texturz plates, Heat Tool
Embellishments: Jewels Basic Rhinestone

Thanks BIG TIME for joining us on the hop today. I hope you enjoyed these projects and your introduction to Proud Peacock. Now it's time to head over and see Debra using On the Grow, which just happens to be #1 on my wish list! Enjoy!


Proud Peacock (set of 6); available May 1, 2011

Comments

  1. what fun and whimsical projects. Loved them all. Your projects have me rethinking if I want this set or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peacock card is stunning, Adriana! Love the button on the bookmark, too. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to stamp the peacock on shrink plastic! I love that last card -- the colors are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb B (Debadoo)4/29/11, 4:53 PM

    Great projects Adriana!! Love the fabric bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning, Adriana! You may have talked me into this set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. And I'm so glad you did the bookmark. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK... I thought I DIDN'T LIKE that Peacock!! Great Projects and ideas... I LOVE the color on the last card!!! AWESOME... ok... I have to have that set now...lol

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great projects but I really like the Peacock card-it pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding use of this stamp set! That bookmark is so creative and I just have to say I love your blog banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That peacock card is awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute projects! I love the shrinky dink button and the rock + roll + Versamark. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful projects, I love the stamp set and may have to rethink my wish list. Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been admiring this set and I love what you have done with it. The bookmark is so pretty and I look forward to details of how you did it. (The Shrinky dink button is cutie patootie!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time blog hopper and I certainly love your ideas...thank you.
    Fontella

    don't know about all the things to sign in with so just have to go with anom...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I saw this set I immediately took a dislike to it but wowza you made it rock!!! Love each and every project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creations arks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your embossed peacock card is beautiful! I also love how you arranged the buttons on your first card. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun projects, Adriana! Love the shrink plastic button and the swap card! Lots of bright wow factor in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such great work! Love the little peacock, particularly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects! Love the shrink Peacock, and the blue Peacock card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great projects. love the card!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all of your projects, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such fun projects! I love the little peacock button on the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such pretty projects! You really highlighted the different ways that set can look well! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!