CS28 - use this versatile color combo

At Creative Sketches, we have the neatest color challenge for you today. The task is to use:
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Elegant Eggplant
  • Bashful Blue
I'll admit, it is ALWAYS a challenge for me to use any kind of purple. I was a little intimidated but I wasn't willing to wimp out. So I put on my big-girl panties and got to work. And, doncha know I came up with two. My mom would be so proud ;)
I was amazed at how changing the main color can really change things.  First, let me show you how it looks to let a bright color take center stage. Here, Daffodil Delight leads:

Aviary Stamp Set; card is based on one by Dawn Olfcheske

The card base is Elegant Eggplant and the bird in the aviary is Bashful Blue. Sorry that the Whisper White looks a little dull, but it's a nice, bright happy card IRL. This card is going to my sil Lora to use, she is a LSU fan :)
Now, look what happens when we use the same colors of card stock but let the Subtle Bashful Blue reign.

Awash with Flowers stamp set; card based on one by Arielle Gordon
Eek - I love this card! And isn't it neat that this card has a sweeter look to it just because of the change in color emphasis? Fun!

So are you ready to see more ideas? Visit the Creative-Sketches blog for more inspiration. If you would like to play along, you can link up to the challenge there. And in case you were wondering, it does not have to be a card. You can create whatever you want as long as it has these colors.

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Aviary, Something to Celebrate, Awash with Flowers, A Word for You
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Black
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Tools: Scallop Square Punch
Embellishments: 1/8" Taffeta (Daffodil Delight), Jewels Basic Rhinestone
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. I love how soft the 2nd one is. Is that a butterfly on the flower? I would have never thought to use the stamp that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Heidi - a butterfly! Demo trainer Gwen gave me the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is nice, but the second card is spectacular!! And I never would have seen that stamp as a butterfly if you hadn't have used it that way! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love both cards, but the second one is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great! I love the second one! Bashful Blue isn't so bashful on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second card made my mouth drop--very cool layout and striking stamping--amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!