Watercolor Technique and Creative-Sketches

Today's challenge at Creative-sketches is a double whammy! The first part is to use this sketch; the second part is to use a watercolor technique.

I confess - I altered the sketch a bit. I didn't want to cover all of my coloring so I replaced the bottom panel (shown here in blue) with a couple of strips of ribbon. But that's okay; sketches are meant to be a starting point, a kick off for inspiration....
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it... lol

Our watercolor crayons were recently re-released. I don't like showing you things I can't help you with, so I haven't shown you projects made with them in a while. But they are back so I was able to play with them again! I love the depth of color provided by the crayons.

One way to use these crayons is to wet an Aqua Painter and brush it directly to the end of the crayon. It will pick up some of the color and you can then apply it to your stamped design (or the background). Apply one layer of color, let it dry and then add an additional layer of color for depth, shading and emphasis. If you try to add more color while it is still wet, you'll likely mix the colors instead of creating shading.



Thanks for stopping by!  To see more projects using this challenge, be sure to visit the Creative-sketches blog.


Stampin' Supplies:
Awash with Flowers
Stamps: Awash with Flowers (W117062, C120549), Sincere Salutations (W 115068)
Ink: StazOn Black (101406)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (119942), Basic Black (121045), Watercolor Paper (105019)
Tools: Aqua Painter (103954), Watercolor Wonder Crayons (119804)
Embellishments: Itty Bitty Buttons (118761), 5/8" Organza Ribbon (114319), 3/8" Rich Razzleberry Taffeta (119966)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. So pretty! I love that heart button on the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I wouldn't have wanted to cover that beautiful watercoloring either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love how you made the vibrant colors "gentle" and the flowers look like they were blowing onto the page with the breeze. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the movement of the flowers - and that purple ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the placement of the flowers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! They remind me a sweet pea flower. All the details are gorgeous. It does look like they are moving in the breeze. You hit this sketch on the head!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They reminded me of Sweet Peas, too. Just lovely! (And I like to think of sketches the way I think of recipes - not ORDERS, merely suggestions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the details--the bitty button in the ribbon and the flowers were placed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adriana - you have the water color technique down perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! I love the watercolor crayons too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!