Stampin' Addicts Birthday Blog Hop

Are you addicted to stamping? Well if you are then this is another great weekend for you. At Stampin' Addicts, we are celebrating the 2nd birthday of the forum and what better way to share the fun with you than to stamp! This blog hop includes 20 stops, each sharing a technique and birthday projects for your inspiration!  Wow - do we have some things to show ya!

If you are just arriving from Ellen's Blog - wasn't that Brayered Sky technique cool? I love that beach scene! If you are just starting out - don't fret - you haven't missed it. We are all linked together. Just follow along the hop and you'll make your way back around to see it!

So how about I get started? The technique I chose to share is the Faux Leather Technique. If you are not familiar with this technique, I'll be sharing the how-to on Tuesday. I invite you to stop by again and see how easy it is!

This first project was the first one that popped into my mind when I thought about this technique. Many of us have difficulty coming up with ideas for the guys in our lives and I think this technique helps create something they'll like. So first, what goes better with black leather than a motorcycle?
I think the guys in my family would like this :) This image was available as an individual stamp in a past Mini Catalog and is currently available as a digital download for only $1.95. Looks good with the smooth leather, right?

Ok, now how about a birthday greeting for dad? The "leather" piece (used with die cuts) was altered to give it some texture, more like faux alligator.

But this technique isn't only for the men. Ladies deserve some attention on their special day, too. A nice spring purse with greeting cards, perhaps?
As you see, you can use any color card stock to create the faux leather of your choice. You are not tied to the colors of nature and aside from that, PETA will thank you for your creativity ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Now, let's go check out some Ribbon techniques with Kandi. I've taken a sneak peek and *Eeek* - you're gonna love her ideas!


Stampin' Supplies (for all 3 projects):
Purse: based on Becky Roberts' Purse-onally Perfect Notes
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes (111618)
Ink: VersaMark (102283), StazOn Black (101406), Stampin' Write Markers to color
Paper: More Mustard (100946), Not Quite Navy (101722), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730), Very Vanilla (101650), Peach Parfait (119794), Baja Breeze (111352)
Tools: Heat Tool (100005), Clear embossing powder (109130), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Big Shot (113439), Corner Rounder, Alphabet Simple Letters die set (115960), Crystal Effects (101055) 
and Embellishments: Silver Brads (104336),  Glimmer Brads (121044), Jewels Basic Rhinestone (119246)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)

Comments

  1. Great job! I really need to try this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me fall in love with this technique! That first card (motorcycle) just pops!!! I also love how you die-cut the letters for dad and did the faux leather. And...that third card is just a complete wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards! Love that motorcycle card- beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I am rediscovering so many great techniques! Great uses of the faux leather. And I love that motorcycle too! So glad it is available for MDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing job you did with this technique!! That notorcycle card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, great techniques! It's another one that I haven't tried, and I'm looking forward to your instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute projects, adriana. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I am lovin' the motorcycle card! Great job on all projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the motorcycle card! Great job witht his technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous projects Adriana!!! Love, love, love that purse!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great projects, I especially love the motorcycle card - I think faux leather is an awesome and so easy technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now how funky cool is this!?!?! Love those die cut faux leather letters. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome projects! I am with Holly funky cool!! I love your first card it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. m always on the look out for masculine cards and these are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, whenever I think of black leather, I think motorcycles. :D Love this technique, and you really showed it off perfectly. (And I want as Baja Breeze purse now, thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool projects. Love the "dad" card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! Love the variety in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deb B (Debadoo)2/27/11, 5:30 PM

    Love your projects! I so did not know that motorcycle was available as an MDS download. Gotta get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great set of projects. My favorite has gotta be the motorcycle card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice projects using this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the leather with the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love the motorcycle card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects!! I especially like the motorcycle card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a great technique for masculine cards but I love that you included a lady's project as well. So pretty and bright!
    Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovely creations, I especially like the purse card holder. However I must admit I do not see anything that looks like leather.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh forgot, how does one D/l the motorcycle for $1.95

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun technique and I love how you used it for masculine and feminine projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!