Are you as happy as I am that today is Saturday? Around here, it's the best day for enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee in the morning and for my favorite crafty thing - working with a card sketch!
I can't wait to see what the other Divas have come up with for this one. It's different from most I've ever seen - way to go Carol! To see more, be sure to follow the link below to continue on the blog hop or visit the Divas blog for a complete listing of participants.
Before you go on.... I confess: I went a little crazy with my Big Shot and dies this time. It started with using the Movers & Shapers die along with it's accompanying Curly Label die. And then I couldn't seem to stop myself from using it for more! So don't let the supply list at the bottom scare you, lol.
Step one and a tip - to get the card base and Whisper White layer to line up easily, simply run them through the machine at the same time. Don't worry, this Bigz die can handle it.
Once the card layer is ready, what's left is to decorate! I let my stamps take a breather this time and used Sizzlit dies to create both the swirls and flowers. (I warned you.) The window on the card is meant to take place of the large circle in the upper left of the sketch and the flowers take the place of the remaining circles. I think I stretched the concept a little this time. What do you think?
Some additional notes:
- The smallest flowers (in the center of each flower) were punched out with our Itty Bitty punch pack. One of them is a 4 petal flower that matches the ones found on the Floral Fusion die! Yay!
- The little Wild Wasabi dots in the center of each flower are part of the Swirls Scribbles die.
- When the card base is cut, it will also give you usable window pieces. I applied the Rose Red one to the inside liner of the card so that it shows through when the card is closed. A punched oval and rub-on sentiment complete the window.
- The bottom edge of the card needed a little "something". I pulled on a center thread of the Organza ribbon to make it scrunch then applied it the base with a few glue dots.
- Tiny Pearls grace the center of the flowers and dot the ribbon, as well.
Thanks for stopping by!
Paper: Rose Red (102544), Whisper White (100730), Wild Wasabi (108641)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Movers & Shapers Curly Label (114506), Swirls Scribbles sizzlit (113441), Floral Fusion sizzlit (115969), Oval punch (119863), Itty Bitty punch pack (118309)
Embellishments: Organza Ribbon (114319), Jewels Basic Pearl (119247)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online