Creative Sketches go Sew Suite

Ready for a sketch challenge?

How about this one from Creative-Sketches? Our challenge this week is to use this sketch with whatever colors, images, tools and/or supplies you enjoy. But just use the sketch somehow ;)

This week, I thought I'd play with a new stamp set, Sew Suite. This is such a cute set and I just had to use the button card along with my Buttons #5 sizzlit - fun! Also, read below for a helpful tip.
Ok, so maybe babies and buttons shouldn't go together. Unfortunately, that didn't occur to me until after I was already done with the card. Think I'll have to change out the sentiment.... but until then, I have a great tip to share!

A demonstrator at a regional conference recently shared that she uses a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol to wipe the tip of her Signo Gel Pen. If you have ever had issues with your gel pen looking dried out or only half-writing, you will be thrilled to know that this helps to make the pen work perfectly! I hadn't used my pens in months because I couldn't get them to work "right" and this was just the trick. (For you spanish speakers - Santo Remedio!) I was able to quickly and easily make the faux stitches on this card. Oh, joy! Time for a *Happy Dance*
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net
 Ok, back to business: *ahem*
To see more ideas, visit the Creative-Sketches blog for more fresh ideas. You can also drop a link to your project so we can stop by and see what YOU have created! I hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies: 
Stamps: Sew Suite (122009), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Basic Gray (109120)
Paper: Melon Mambo (115320), Basic Gray (121044), Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Pretty in Pink (100459), Brights Paper Stack (117155)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Buttons #5 Sizzlit (113440), Word Window punch (119857)
and Embellishments: Crystal Effects (101055, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (105021), thread
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. How cute is this card!! Now I want that die too! lol I just love how you added the buttons on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! And thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! You could always say that the baby is cute as a button and then it all works! Will have to try the alcohol and cotton to clean my pens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Adriana, and what a fantastic tip!! :) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card, and thank you for the tip about the Signo pen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I love this set. And thanks for the tip on the tip, LOL! I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!