Create and Print Greeting Cards with My Digital Studio

 I've been playing around with My Digital Studio and learning more about all of the different projects you can create. My first projects have been along the lines of digital output and things I sent to our printer. But there's so much more to it than that!

A simple project to make is a quick and easy greeting card. This one started out with two MDS components: a pretty Designer Series Paper (background paper) and a sentiment. Once I printed it out on my home printer, I trimmed it down, matted it and added some jewels for embellishment.

Let me show you how easy it is to create. I've included pictures of all the steps, even those where a description would have been enough. This way you can see other options along the way.

Grab a cup of coffee, there are quite a few pics here ;)
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Once you open up My Digital Studio, you get to choose what type of project you would like to create. I chose the option in the upper right - CARDS.
Next Choose the type of card you would like to make (I chose GREETING CARD):
Now, the size and orientation (I chose 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" PORTRAIT):

 Now, you get to choose whether to begin with one Stampin' Up! has already created for you or you can choose to make your own. (I chose CREATE YOUR OWN):

Now you get to choose a blank page or one with photo squares. I chose PORTRAIT 01, one large photo square.

You will then be taken to your working desktop. This picture is really just the left side of the screen where we will start by choosing our Designer Series Paper. Pictures are up right now, so first we need to see our paper options.

In the Resource Palette, click on the Designer Series Paper option. Click BROWSE to see your options. I'm using a Designer Kit called Summertime Splendor. Click on the one you want to use, then click OPEN.

The papers in that kit will now show in your left-hand sidebar. Aren't they pretty?
Now just click and drag the paper you want to use into the photo box. If it's not showing a section you want to use, double-click on the card and this edit screen will pop up. Click and drag the highlighted section around to use a different portion of the design. Note: Adjusting the size of the rectangle WILL adjust the size of paper on your card front, too.

 Now, we can add our sentiment. Here's the entire screen. In the right side-bar, there is a Design Center. Click on the STAMPS tab.

Click on the stamp icon and you will get a popup menu listing all of your stamps. I have only bought 1 or 2; the program comes with a wide variety of images and sentiments.
Click on the one you want to use and then click APPLY. The image will be inserted into the center, but you can click and drag it where you want it. The same stamp tab offers options for changing the layout and color of the image. I left mine black, like this:

Now back to your Design Center where you can choose your output options. Before you print, notice the gray area around the image (above). This is the "bleed area" showing an area that may not print out. Just make sure you don't have anything important in there :)

And so you don't have to scroll up - here's the printed, trimmed and mounted finished product!


Next time, I'll give your scrolling finger and mouse a rest and try making a video :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies:
My Digital Studio (118108), Basic Black card stock (121045), Not Quite Navy card stock (101722), Whisper White card stock (100730), Jewels Basic Rhinestone (119246)
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks for the step-by-step screen shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite paper from that set! Beautifully done, both the card and the tutorial. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Thanks for the step by step and the pictures. I haven't figured out MDS yet and this will help! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!