Use It Tuesday - Butterflies


Welcome to my kitchen. This "happiness" area used to house a coffee bar, but has now been relegated to homework central! I've left this Decor Element on the wall so that we can try to keep a good attitude as homework has begun to get challenging; but, what I really want to draw to your attention is alllll the way to the left - the butterfly box! Here's a fun way to use your Designer Series Paper.



Scraps and small portions of the Regals Stack are layered here on our Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. Just two passes through and I was able to cut out a butterfly in every color of this color family.


Here they are on the board (inside the box frame). I used the pins to imitate the little antennae on each butterfly along with few Pearls and Rhinestones for embellishment. Getting a picture of the finished box through glass, is very interesting... but here's an attempt so that you can see the finished product.


What do you think? Are you ready to use up some of your paper stash?

Stampin' Supplies: 

Paper: Patterns Designer Series Paper Regals stack (117154)
Tools and Embellishments: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (114507), Jewels Basic Rhinestone (119246), Jewels Basic Pearl (119247)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner, Stampin' Scrub Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Oh, how gorgeous!!! What fabulous butterflies! I like the Happiness DE, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute butterflies!! Great way to use up some scraps. Too bad about the coffee bar changing to homework central. Coffee brings me way more happiness than homework. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! That would look great at the coffee station at work too!!! The pins remind me of a real butterfly specimen box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies! What a great idea! Left you something on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little box of happiness! Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice idea to bring something cheerful to the homework area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cute!! I always love these shadow boxes but I have yet to find one I am willing to pay the price for,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your butterflies in the box. and what a great idea for the antennas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanya - you are right, the boxes can get pricey. But 50% off coupons take the bite out and you can also check places like Ross or Marshalls as they usually have them a good prices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUch a sacrifice- coffee for homework. Not sure I could do it.

    But I love your box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Perfect use for all those scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!