How to use the Blossom Petals Punch

One of the new punches in our Occasions Mini catalog is the Blossom Petals Punch. If you just want to punch out one shape, it's easy enough to insert a strip of paper and just punch out the one you need. But what if you want to use it with the coordinating stamp set, Build a Blossom?

Well, then - you're going to love this a tip shared recently at our Leadership Seminar.
Here's what you'll need:
Build-a-Blossom Stamp Set (W121923, C121994)
Window Sheet (114323 or 4) or Card Stock Vellum (101856) as shown here
Build-a-blossom punch (121808)
Ink for your stamps
Begin by punching your Window Sheet/Vellum with the punch.
Here I used the punch with the label on top so I'll need to flip my sheet over for step 2.
(Notice that the large flower petal is on the left here, on the right below...)



Now use the punched shapes as a guide for stamping. 
Use a stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement.

Once your images are all stamped, you can then place your stamped card stock into the punch. 
As you can see, when we are trying to line up and punch specific areas, we turn the punch over. This is why I flipped the vellum over before stamping through it.

Ok, this first attempt was messy (see my smudges of ink?), so I did not create anything with it. But I couldn't wait to show you the time, frustration and supply saving technique so I hope you'll forgive me!

Thanks for stopping by!

 Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Slick! Great time-saver :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the visual tutorial! And what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!