Creative Sketches Use a punch

Today's challenge at Creative-Sketches is to use a punch. So many choices... I wonder which ones the ladies will use and just how they will use them. To see what they've come up with, be sure to visit the site linked above. If you have been inspired to play along, link to your project using the link feature on the site or in a comment here. I'd love to stop by and see what you've done!

As the newest addition to my stash, I chose to use the new Blossom Petals XL Punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog. For this card, I created a flower using the two smallest leaf shapes on the punch.



Project Notes:
  • I combined three coordinating colors Brights collection to create this flower. (Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Regal Rose) Other options could include using one color or patterned Designer Series Paper.
  • Textured card stock adds weight and texture to the flower, both visual and tactile.
  • To create the scooped shape of each petal, I lightly rubbed each one against the side of a thin paintbrush. Our card stock is such a nice weight that I didn't have any issues with tearing.
  • To finish, a few Basic Pearl Jewels adorn the center of the flower. The jewels come separately on a sheet so it was easy to mix and match as well as pull off just the ones I wanted to use. Not only are they pretty, they cover where the punched shapes meet in the center. FYI: The sheet also comes with three lines of small pearls; you see a portion of one along the upper left corner of the center panel.
Thank you for stopping by! For a tip on how to use this punch along with its coordinating stamp set (Build a Blossom), be sure to stop by tomorrow. You're going to love this idea!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Heard from the Heart (W111644)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658)
Paper: Old Olive (100702), Melon Mambo (115320), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Regal Rose (105130), Whisper White (100730)
Tools and Embellishments: Jewels Basic Pearls (119247), Blossom Petals XL punch (121808)
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner, Stampin' Scrub 
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. I envy you this punch -- makes a great card! It's the first thing on my order that goes in on January 25 -- I want the SAB freebies! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grouping of pearls in the center! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pearls of different sizes really make this flower outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower! I didn't think I needed this punch, but now I'm thinking I do!! Love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! That bunch is awesome, and I love what you did with the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Punches rock. Your card rocks, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!