Creative Color Challenge

We've got a fun color challenge for you today! To join in the fun, be sure to visit the Creative-Sketches blog. You'll get to see a few more project ideas and if you would like to play along, there's a place where you can link to your project and share your goodies with us. Just your crafty goodies... ;)

So how about these classic colors, hmmmm? Black, White and Silver. These colors just define elegance, don't they? For me, the silver called for me to bring out the embossing powder. And once I did, I ran across an all-too-common boo-boo. So how about I show you an easy way to fix it:



Sometimes when we emboss, we can miss a little section of the image. In this case, two points of the Medallion were not inked as well as I thought so there wasn't enough ink to hold the embossing powder.

After embossing, I used a VersaMarker to dab some ink into the neglected spots and then poured on more embossing powder. In this picture you can see one end of the marker; the other end is a brush tip and can be used much like you would use one of our Stampin' Write markers. Easy to use, does the trick and I can keep going with the rest of my project. Yay!

And here we go. A lovely black, white and silver creation destined for my hubby. I think I'll stick in his work bag and surprise him.

Thanks for stopping by!


Stampin' Supplies: 
Stamps: Medallion, You're A Gem
Ink: VersaMark, VersaMarker, Black
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke
Tools and Embellishments: Heat Tool, 1 3/8 x 5/8 oval punch, 1 3/4 x 7/8 Oval punch, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Trinket Keys - New!, Neutrals Brad, Silver embossing powder
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner, Stampin' Scrub 
Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. Very pretty... love the key and the medallion stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love the Black, White and Silver combinations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!