Are you Crazy for Cupcakes?

Sweet - it's Saturday!
Today's sketch is number 112 with the Utah Divas. I hope you'll play along with us today. If you would like to see other creations based on this sketch, be sure to follow the embedded link below or visit the Utah Divas site for a complete list of participating Divas.

I was tempted to make another Christmas card today, but decided to try a little technique I've seen in a few places. The idea is to use strips of cardstock to imitate the look of an awning over a window. Today's sketch was perfect for this!
And in our window are some yummy cupcakes just waiting for someone to come by and be tempted! Yum! I hope Carol won't mind that I added a little to the sketch and moved the oval over a little. Even though the sketches are supposed to be a "springboard to creativity" I might have gone too far. What can I say? The sugar made me do it... *grin*
Now, let's visit Barbara's site and see what she has in store for us. Something beautiful, I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Fabulous Phrases
Ink: StazOn, Stampin' Write Markers for coloring
Paper: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Tools and Embellishments: Scallop Edge punch, Modern Label punch, Small oval punch, Metallic Brads, Jewels Basic Rhinestone
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner, Stampin' Scrub Need supplies? Shop Stampin' Up! Online

Comments

  1. adorable!!!! love the awning. i think i want a cupcake. :) beautiful job. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that window and awning. It's perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love how you layered the scallop edge for the awning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the awning and the cupcakes in the "window!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. great window! I love the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect window! Yum! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute cute cute!! love the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm cupcakes. Love the "bakery window" look to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever awning! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way too cute, Adriana! I just love the window!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!