In case you are new to my blog, I take part in a sketch challenge with this group each Saturday. I am just one stop along a blog hop of cards and projects all using this sketch. I'll provide a link to the next Diva below so that you can visit each stop along the hop and see more ideas. To see a complete listing of participants, click here to be directed to the UDI blog.
Well, it's November already - can you believe it? So that means it's time to get started narrowing down the choices for this year's Christmas card. Today's sketch provided one idea:
- The main image was stamped with VersaMark then rubbed with Stampin' Pastels in both Soft Suede and Marina Mist.
- The twill tape was stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink. It reads "Oh, tidings of comfort and joy" (from our Angelic Joy stamp set).
- The gold embossed sentiment in the upper left corner reads, "May the wonder and peace of Christmas be yours" (also from Angelic Joy).
- Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure that your sentiment is straight instead of slightly wonky. (Unless your family is slightly wonky...lol)
- After rubbing the Pastels onto your image, rub it lightly with a used dryer sheet to remove the haze of extra chalk. (I knew that if I went to the laundry room to get it I would get sidetracked... so keep a sheet handy!)
For our next stop CLICK HERE to be directed to Barbara's blog. Have a creative weekend!
Stamps: Dasher, Angelic Joy
Ink: VersaMark, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Tools and Embellishments: Twill Tape, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Paper Cutter (104152), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642) Need supplies? Click to SHOP NOW Thank you!