Dasher and sketch 108

It's Saturday and time for a sketch challenge with Utah Divas International.
In case you are new to my blog, I take part in a sketch challenge with this group each Saturday. I am just one stop along a blog hop of cards and projects all using this sketch. I'll provide a link to the next Diva below so that you can visit each stop along the hop and see more ideas. To see a complete listing of participants, click here to be directed to the UDI blog.

Well, it's November already - can you believe it? So that means it's time to get started narrowing down the choices for this year's Christmas card. Today's sketch provided one idea:
Project Notes:
  • The main image was stamped with VersaMark then rubbed with Stampin' Pastels in both Soft Suede and Marina Mist. 
  • The twill tape was stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink. It reads "Oh, tidings of comfort and joy" (from our Angelic Joy stamp set).
  • The gold embossed sentiment in the upper left corner reads, "May the wonder and peace of Christmas be yours" (also from Angelic Joy).
To improve on this card (aka - where I could have done better!):
  • Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure that your sentiment is straight instead of slightly wonky. (Unless your family is slightly wonky...lol)
  • After rubbing the Pastels onto your image, rub it lightly with a used dryer sheet to remove the haze of extra chalk. (I knew that if I went to the laundry room to get it I would get sidetracked... so keep a sheet handy!)
So that's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by and putting up with my sense of humor :)
For our next stop CLICK HERE to be directed to Barbara's blog. Have a creative weekend!

Stampin' Supplies: 
Stamps: Dasher, Angelic Joy
Ink: VersaMark, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Tools and Embellishments: Twill Tape, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder
Always within reach: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Paper Cutter (104152), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (102394), Stampin' Scrub (102642) Need supplies? Click to SHOP NOW Thank you!

Comments

  1. I love the colors on this card and I like the way you tied the ribbon through the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered the circles outside the square in this sketch. I also love embossing with the big shot and how you used that in your background circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed circle is a great touch -- beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love how you used the Stampin' Pastels, and the embossed circle is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool...I love the layout and how Dasher just works with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing on the one circle was just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute. i love the dasher stamp. this one gets my vote. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with the challenge! I too love the embossed part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never think to pull out my Stampin' Pastels, but with your inspiration, they are being dusted off! There are so many nice details here. I love the stamped twill tape and how it goes through the edge of your main image, and the embossed circle behind that is just the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!