DivaSC37 4th of July Inspired Greeting Card

7.04.2009

Happy Independence Day everyone! I hope that you all have a fun day planned - good friends, family, food, fireworks! But first, cards! After all, it is Saturday which means we have a sketch challenge at UDI. I hope that you'll take the time to stop by the other ladies' blogs. It's always fun to see where our cards are alike or they differ. Drop us a line and let us know what you think! Here's the sketch first, then my card.
Probably my favorite part of this card is the scroll work coming from behind the frame. The scrolls were made with the Big Shot and the Scribbles Swirls sizzlit. The frame in front is also a sizzlit; it's part of the 4-pack called Lots of Tags.

Because of the texture of the twill tape running across the card and it's frayed edges, I used the edges of my bone folder to rough up the edges of all the card stock pieces. I suppose you could call that look semi shabby-chic, lol. I just liked it..... I also softened the brightness of the papers by rubbing a little Stampin' Pastels on the edges of the pieces. (The pastels come in our Starter Kit; I'm amazed at how I'm still using them - 4 years later!)

Thanks for stopping by... and please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Supplies:
Stamps: Dreams du Jour
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Other: Twill Tape, Bone Folder, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Big Shot, Scribbles Swirls sizzlit die, Lots of Tags sizzlit dies

4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love it!! I love the scroll work too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, my favorite part of this card is the swirls die cut. The whole card is beautiful, and I like the colors you chose.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. i like the swirl too. i keep forgetting that i have it to use. duhhh.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - the swirl is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground