Purse Greeting Card How to create a Faux Alligator look

LinkThis Friday, I'll be sharing a great technique with my ladies. The Faux Alligator technique is one that was shared at Stampin' Up! Regional Seminars this year and has been used with some great projects. I thought it would be fun to use it on a card; this particular one was inspired by some purses created by Gretchen Barron.

To make the faux alligator look, simply press Versamark ink onto your paper. In this case, I'm using Bravo Burgundy cardstock that I've die cut using our Top Note die and the Big Shot. Once inked, pour clear embossing powder over the paper. Run a stylus across your paper to make your lines, flick the paper to remove the extra powder and heat set with your heat tool. That's it! Slick, huh? I used mine for the topper of the card, but it would also make a great looking background.

For my Friday ladies, please be sure to RSVP and I'll have your supplies ready and waiting! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments