Stampin' Up! Thoughts and Prayers

Today's card is a special one. Not only is it the one my Friday class will be making, it's one that I'll be sending to a friend who's husband has been ill. I wanted to send something she'll like, but not anything too frou-frou because I want him to like it, too! :)

The card uses a simple layout, but I think the colors make it stand out, don't you? The card base (Baja Breeze) is topped with a portion of Designer Series Paper from our Tailor Made Simply Scrappin' Kit. I've sponged the edges of the base and the Kraft portion (cut with our Top Note die) to tone them down a bit and soften the edges. The leaf is from our Stampin' Up! exclusive Little Leaves Sizzlits die; I think it looks great topped with this flower from our Boho Flower Punch.

The sentiment is the first half of a stamp from our Thoughts & Prayers stamp set. I isolated the portion I wanted to use and inked it with my Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write marker. The rest of the phrase ("Please know that I care.") is on the inside of the card. I cleaned the stamp then used the marker to again isolate only the portion I wanted before stamping.

Note: Don't have a marker? Cover the unwanted portion of the image with a piece of scotch tape and ink up your stamp with your ink pad. Remove the tape and stamp. Wash your stamp well before inking, re-taping and stamping the rest. Between these two steps I usually stamp the image on scratch paper just to make sure the image really is clean before proceeding - don't want the "other" portion to show up unexpectedly!

If you are one of my Friday ladies, please don't forget to verify whether or not you'll be in class this week! To everyone thanks for stopping by. And - Carol E. - thanks for loaning us your Top Note die! :)

Comments

  1. very nice adriana. anyone would love to receive it whatever the reason.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!