DivaSC31Simply Scrappin' Kit

Good morning!
Here's our sketch for today. As you see, it's pretty straight forward. Which leaves lots of room for interpretation! :)

This time, I have 2 projects to share. Because May is National Scrapbooking Month, I thought it would be fun to make a page utilizing this same layout. And then I went a little further and used the same materials to make a greeting card (minus the picture.)


Both projects use the cardstock, designer print paper and self-adhesive embellishments found in our Tailor Made Simply Scrappin' Kit. The only additional supplies I used were a few Vintage Brads and Dimensional Adhesive. To the left of the photo, you can see how I used portions of our self-adhesive border strips to emphasize the horizontal strip of the layout. I staggered how I placed them so that it wouldn't look too heavy. And a helpful note: if you haven't used our kits before, both our re-positionable adhesive and our die cuts are truly "re-positionable". After I had my page assembled, I realized that I had attached the olive paper strip upside down; I was able to take it apart and reassemble the page without messing up anything. Whew! I may add a title or a line of journaling over the photo or leave it as is, I'm not sure yet. For now, I'll just enjoy seeing a photo of my boys and a tender moment:)

For the card, I flipped the sketch over so that I would have more room for the tag. I also stamped it with a sentiment from our Sincere Salutations stamp set with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. (It occurred to me that both of these last items came with my starter kit... and I still use them all the time!) And now I have a nice card for one of the guys in the family.

Thanks for stopping by. To see more projects based on this layout, don't forget to check out the other divas here.

Comments

  1. You really utilized this sketch by making a card AND a scrapbook page. Good for you! Both projects are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job. i really love the card!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!