DivaSC28 Make a Round Greeting Card


Good Morning! Today's challenge at UDI was a great one! I finally took the time to use my Scallop Circle Bigz die to make my own scallop circle notes. (Don't yet own a Big shot or the die I've used? Carousel Notes, pictured on 157 of our Spring & Summer collection are a great way to start, too!) For my card, I used a piece of Kiwi Kiss card stock measuring 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4, folding it down to make a card base 4-1/4" square. I then positioned this on my die so that a portion of the folded piece would not be cut. I also ran a scrap piece of Raspberry Tart designer series paper through at the same time. Once cut, I trimmed the dsp down so that it would just cover the bottom half of the card.
For the sentiment, I used Perfect Plum Classic ink and "kind" from our Baroque Motifs stamp set, stamping it on to Pink Pirouette card stock. I sponged some Real Red classic ink onto it and then punched the sentiment out with our Designer Label punch, topping it with hardware from our Silver Hodgepodge kit. White organdy ribbon, a scrap of basic black cardstock and clear rhinestone jewels add the finishing touches. And that's it for my scalloped card! If/when I decide to mail it I'll have two options. Because the largest dimension is 4-1/4, it will still fit in our medium (invitation sized) envelopes. Or, I could also make my own square envelope using this technique I shared with you previously.
If you would like additional information on other ways to use these same supplies, please contact me at the contact information posted above/left. Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. love it. i'll do you, if you do me. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! Love the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous! I like everything about this card: the rhinestones, the colors, the hardware, the rhinestones :), everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combo and the little rhinestone really tops it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Adriana!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!